Top 10 Tips To Prevent Truck Scale House Downtime
Have you experienced scale house downtime?
Anyone who’s ever worked in a scale house knows what it like to have trucks backing up and your system is down. Sometimes that can’t be helped but we’ve listed the top 10 tips to help prevent scale house downtime.
When you experience scale house downtime we start by asking, are you getting a reading on the scale indicator? If not, the problem may be a load cell went out. In that case you will need to call your scale provider. Did you have a lightening storm? If so you may have a COMport problem. Before you panic restart your computer. It may just need rebooted.
- Save time by keeping up on maintenance! Clean your computer. Dust builds up in your computer and needs blown out occasionally. PC’s live longer if you blow them out. You can take your case apart to do this but that is not always necessary. Just taking a can of air and spraying into any fans, vents and holes in the case will go a long way.
- Make sure there is enough air flow around your computer. It’s important to make sure you’re not blocking the fans on your computer. The airflow keeps your computer cool so it doesn’t over heat.
- Label your cable! Make sure all your cables are labeled properly and plugged in. Chances are a loose cable may be your problem. Properly labeled you can quickly identify the cable and plug it in the proper port without having to track down where it goes. Saving you a lot of time!
- Get off to a good start! Set up your system properly from the start. Make sure you follow all set up procedures properly and this will help you in the long run and decrease the troubleshooting time.
- Shut your PC down properly. Use the proper procedures for shut down.
- Power source is important! Make sure you have a good power source. We know some scale houses are in rural areas with unreliable power so use a UPS (uninterruptible power supply). It’s always a good idea to use a UPS in any environment and will keep you from problems down the road.
- Back it up! Back up your data. It’s a good idea to back up your data at the end of every day. Even better, back it up twice a day.
- Keep it clean! Keep internet use to a minimum on the computer you use for your scale and office software. You could get a virus going to certain gaming and social sites.
- Key to success. Make sure your scale key is plugged in and secure at all times.
- Location, location, location. When scale software updates are released make sure all locations install the latest executable.
Our goal is to keep your truck scale software up and running.
We provide online, phone and on-site support. Our team is comprised of industry professionals with more than a century's experience in the business, whose objective is to ensure that the customers' needs are met on time, every time.
Prevent scale house downtime with these simple yet effective tips.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.